Support for Teachers
Over the years many sites have been created to support teachers to make personalized resources for pupils using the structured teaching approach TEACCH. Sometimes all you need is an idea and you can see how to develop and expand it for your own learners. These are some of the best
- File folder heaven – great ideas and free downloads, resources can be bought using paypal and are worth it! Especially the printable books and folder games.
- Childcareland.com – great early year ideas and you can sign up for free daily downloads and ideas.
- Boardmakershare – now the Boardmaker Achieve Community register for access to thousands of Boardmaker boards and activities.
- Chapel Hill Snippets – the free materials to download and print are brilliant especially the activity books. Also has a facebook page.
- Pinterest – is an online pin board where you can store different links and ideas. There are many TEACCH boards this is an example of one with many different ideas on it. You will need to create a login and password to join.
- Learning grids - If you use Crick software, you get free access to hundreds of ready-made resources on their LearningGrids website. There are Clicker 5 and Clicker 6 Sets, Wordbars for WriteOnline and ClozePro activities, all professionally made and ready to use.
- PrAACtical AAC - of interest to professionals supporting children with AAC (Augmentative and alternative communication - encompasses the communication methods used to supplement or replace speech or writing for those with impairments in the production or comprehension of spoken or written language)