Touch screens are often overlooked for pupils with autism but they are very useful and usually just considered for pupils with access issues to the computer.
- Smaller than a smartboard/ promethean board
- Easier for pupil to focus on
- No access issues
- Able to work independently
- Can become a task on an individual timetable
- Can be used with any software or internet site, very motivating!
Smartboard software (comes with smartboards)
Especially good are:
- touch games
- SwitchIT series
- help kidz learn website
Look on Inclusive Technology website www.inclusive.co.uk